Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, September 11, 2022

Interior fighting...

I have four books kicking and screaming to be worked on in my head, right now, and it's confusing me as to why. Of course, the main one is APoS, and BA is letting me know it would like to do section 2 and 4, but not 3...not just yet. Dair's Window is also scurrying around in the shadows, nudging and letting me know I should get this done within the next year. And Darien's Point and its sequel, Return to Darian's Point as well as the beginning of the story, set in Ireland's ancient times, are now also making themselves known.

I have no idea which direction to go, except I do want to get a solid draft of APoS set up by the end of the year. Work in details that will help situate the story properly. Then get feedback on it...and plan to start trying to find a literary agent and get it with a brick-and-mortar publisher, if possible. That will be a long process...

At the same time, BA has worked out the basics for Book 2 and I already have 75% of Book 4 written. Book 3 is aiming for Napoleon's march on Moscow, because it will bring a long-established vampire, Dmitriy, into the story, and Book 6 is shifting my original screenplay for BA into book format, but working in Léonidès and his crew.

Dair's Window has figured itself out, with the story being told by a dead man over the course of Dair's and Adam's lives up to the point where Dair casts aside his past and reclaims his art. He'd lost it after Adam died and the man's parents sued him.

As for Darian's Point, et al, I have two screenplays and maybe a third of the ancient story worked out. I just need to get it done, too.

Just a tad overwhelming, right now...so I've practiced full avoidance, today. Laundry. Making a stew. Watching a couple videos. I actually enjoyed Lost City, with Sandra Bullock and Tatum Channing, for the most part, and slipped into a cozy little murder series just to watch Nick Hendrix putter around, clueless. Feeling a lot more in control, and APoS gets priority.

No comments: