Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Shoved into rethought...

I spent some of today researching various literary agents to see if I can get APoS taken on by them and set with a legacy publisher. I found six I'd like to start with, but need to dig into each one a bit more deeply, first. Make sure they'll be a good fit.

I worked up a first draft of a query letter, but it needs to be trimmed. It fills a page, and I seriously doubt anyone will read the whole thing. They probably get dozens of letters like mine, a day. So simplify and rearrange.

I pulled up all three books of APoS and found I have over 1300 pages and more than 300,000 words, total. And that's before this next rewrite. Someplace, I have a simple outline of what is in the books...but I need to dig through my thumb drives for that.

I made myself leave the apartment and go get frames for the last 4 awards I have to put on my wall. All the way to Michael's, 10 miles off. Once I got there, it took me ten minutes to pick them out. Then I spent half an hour trying to figure out what I wanted to eat for dinner. I wound up at Texas Rodehouse and got a salmon filet...and it was okay. The mashed potatoes were good, but there was more bacon in the green beans than beans. Oh, well.

Ingram is still pulling the We told you why HTRASG was pulled from distribution when they have not. They're sticking with a vague rule that could be used to banish the Bible, for crying out loud. I want specifics. So off went a letter to the CEO, again, in today's mail. We'll see what this brings about.

Tumblr tried the old You didn't submit your query right trick on me, but I'm not having it. They seem to think me using my .com email address instead of my .me invalidates the query. It's ridiculous. But it does have me finally wondering if it might be a good idea to withdraw from social media for a while...because that bitchin' thing ain't really social. It's filled with assholes and idiots and drives me nuts.

Which has never been a very long drive, with me.

No comments: