Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

I'm being dissed by the LoC...

I've been trying to get a response from the Library of Congress about my PCN for the A65 and my supposed liaison is not answering my emails.. I ask about correcting the mistake in the title of the book  and nothing happens. It's still in progress. Granted, it's only been 2 weeks since I first contacted her about it, but still...a simple, "I'm working on it," would be nice The way she acts, you'd think she was my agent or something.

I printed out a copy of the book, today...and I have to wonder what it is about computers that makes a file in Word wind up so different in a PC from when it's in a Mac. I made no changes or corrections or anything, but in my Mac the file is 279 paged long, including the information sheets that go with a published title. When I pull it up in Word on a PC, it jumps to 296 and the page numbering is off.

I guess I could've saved it into a PDF before printing it, but I didn't really think about that. I had a lot going on with the job...which should calm down, a little. I hope it does; I need to research a couple of packing jobs. I know at least one has vanished -- going to Oxford UK. That one's just papers in binders going into boxes; we have a guy in London who can do that. But I've got others I need to dig into and am already way behind on.

What's funny is, I didn't really want to go to Oxford. It was set up to be a roundabout whirlwind trip with no free day to at least poke around the town a little. To me that's like letting me smell the aroma of a good steak being grilled over hickory chips and telling me I can't have a bite. The only mitigating factor is, I'll be able to focus on A65 and get it out, now. That's my goal...my one and only, at the moment...

If I could just get a fucking answer from the LoC.

No comments: