Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, April 29, 2024

Irritations abound

Tomorrow I'm off to oversee a pickup in Newport, RI. A quick trip, in one day and out the next. Very simple...except we don't have all the paperwork needed for the job, yet, so I might get there and be able to do nothing. Been trying to get it for a couple weeks.

Same for another job in Dallas, that's not until Monday, next week. And I'm the one expected to get everything settled. Which I guess makes sense because I've been dealing with both for a while even though I'm not really working for the company full time, anymore.

I'm caught in this in-between phase. I want to focus on my writing and getting my books sold, finding out how to get them visible and noticed and all that crap without spending much money. But I need the extra cash since helping out my youngest brother's near bankrupted me. Maybe I should start a Go-fund me.

At least the Dallas one might be settled, which is good, but the one tomorrow? I may wind up spending an extra day in Newport.

Much of today was spent dealing with the upcoming jobs so only 70 pages gone through with NWFO. I'm taking my Mac with me instead of the PC, so if I do wind up cooling my heels in a hotel, I can keep working on it.

Going through it, this time, I'm back to thinking I may get rid of the subplot with the doctor's nurse messing with Brendan. It really serves no purpose in the story except to be prurient and indulgent. Just get rid of her, completely...or cut her back to just toying with him. Nothing more. I dunno.

I don't even know why I put that in, to start with, except to show how people manipulate and misuse others, when they can.

No comments: