Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, April 19, 2024

Run-around day...

I worked up a potential cover for the cover of NWFO. I like it but it's not getting great response. I've thought up a couple more, using the passport, Houston's skyline in 1975 and an image of Brendan standing and either looking out or looking back at the city. I'll think about it some more.

Ran out to the Apple store and showed the tech how my caps lock came out and I can't get it to go back. Seems a couple of pieces broke in the connector, so there was no way I could have repaired it. He took it in the back for about ten minutes and bam...it was done. Works as good as new.

Also got my test copy of Curt, today, and it looks really good. Crisp printing, good colors on the cover. I didn't really expect any issues, but you never know. I once got a proof copy that was trimmed at an angle and had to resubmit my documents to get it corrected. Wasn't my fault, fortunately.

I'm backing away from social media. The fuckhead MAGAts are out in force praising their orange god and trying to fuck up the legal proceedings against him. One even set himself on fire, that's how insane it's becoming. I've always had issues handling extremists like this, people with no connection to reality demanding the world conform to their insane viewpoint.

Xitter is a cesspool of their shit. In just an hour on there, I blocked 15 nutcases blaming everything the world that's ever gone wrong on Democrats and liberals and queers and abortion and lack of god in schools and on and on. The one bright spot is, Congress might finally get off its collective ass and send Ukraine some help instead of use it to score political points.

Fuck the world, I want to get off.

No comments: