Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Again with the reworking...

...of the reworking I reworked on WC. But now it makes more sense. I hope. And I found a way to keep the shocks from seeming repetitious...I think.

I'm flying to NYC Thursday for the day -- 8am flight down; 10:45pm flight back. Ugh. At least I don't need to deal with a suitcase or any materials other than my laptop and file folders.

I think I'm going to get a fresh passport. My current one expires in 2014 but it looks pretty beat up. I washed it, once, and it's been used to go to Thailand, Ireland, England, Scotland, Germany, Hong Kong and Canada. And flipping through it I realized, it's been 6 years since I was last in Ireland. I wonder what Christmas is like there.

Won't find out this year. I'm too busy scrambling to make ends meet. In fact, I won't probably use it, again, unless I hop over the border to Niagara Falls, Canada. The Hong Kong Book Fair's been cancelled and Toronto's reduced to nothing but Canadian dealers; no one from the US is going. Seattle's got so few people going, it's very iffy. Looks like the next book fair I'll be working is San Francisco in February 2013.

If we're still here. 12/12/12 still looms.

No comments: