Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lost the thread, again...

One of the problems I have with composing a script or story on a computer is, I can easily lose the thread of it and have to stop to figure out what will work and what won't. Working on WC has just reminded me of that. I've done so much restructuring and shifting, it's getting me confused as to where the ending is going and I have to keep going back to see what's what.

It's irritating when that happens, and it slows me down. I only have 20 pages of script left to go over, but they're the most crucial to work right so everything ties up neatly. Or in a way that makes sense. And right now I think I'm scrambled. But I won't be able to work on it, again, till this weekend. I have an 8am flight to NYC in the morning, and anyone who knows me knows how I am NOT a morning person.

I halfway wonder if that's why do much of my scriptwriting takes place at night? If it does get made, I don't want to have to face a 6am call, like my DP buddy had when he was in NYC, recently. Hell, it's hard enough for me to make it to work by 9. My normal wake-up time is between 10 and 11 am, on the days when I just let myself go.

Of course, I work for people who are very AM oriented. Get up at 6am? Normal. But...they also go to bed by 10pm.

Hell, the night's just getting started then. See?
I took this at the last Halloween street party I could attend in West Hollywood. He was so happy I knew what "Tron" was, I think I could've shot the whole roll on him.

Almost wish I had.


No comments: