Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Bad day for blockhead

Let's see...I underestimated the number of boxes I'd need for today's packing job so had to order more in, wrecking my schedule. And one area where my assistant and I are packing the books is hard to get to because anyplace else we wanted to set up was in the way. So I'll now be packing on Thursday and loading on Friday instead of hitting a museum, because I can't get the additional boxes delivered before tomorrow afternoon.

"Lyons' Den" got dissed from two quarters, one rather brutally.

"Find Ray Tarkovsky" got dumped on. Apparently "no one wants to make a movie that uses an actor in Hollywood as its hero."

My comedy writing class got bumped to the 29th...which I guess is good, seeing as how I'm in a lousy mood.

BUT...it was a lovely, cool day in NYC, and I got a free lunch. And my assistant is a pleasant Irish lad from Dublin who's studied to be a graphic artist. Maybe I'll ask him what his idea would be for me a letterhead.

I took this photo my first trip there. It's the Liffey River, and I was using an underwater 35mm camera to shoot everything. Amazing any of it came out decent.

No comments: