Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

4-Star Review of OT on Smashwords...

This is from Dvahood posted on both Smashwords and GoodReads. WooHoo!

This was a very intense and at times complicated story. Jake is a man with a complicated past and messed up family trying to find out what has happened to his Uncle. Tone, is his lover. I didn't really get Tone, maybe if there had been a bit more of his backstory I would have understood their story-line a bit better. The main story-line was The Vanishing of Owen Taylor. It was intriguing, twisty, and fast-paced. It flowed well and the imagery was well done. Most of the secondary characters were well fleshed out and interesting in their own right. The character interactions and dialogue made sense and were realistic. At times I found it was challenging to follow how Jake reached the conclusions that he did, but everything came together in the end. I really loved how the little guy 'put the screws' to 'the man', but hated how the little guy 'put the screws' to the little guy.

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a complicated murder mystery and doesn't mind it served up with a strong and angry gay man willing to fight back.

For those readers who may have triggers, there are two off-page rapes, an on-page attempted rape and a couple of violent gay bashing(s)...

This is what I'm looking for...and I can see what she means with her complaints. I'm realizing RIHC6 and OT are really too closely aligned for OT to stand completely alone...but it's out there now. Maybe I will do them as a set, some day...

...And let the freak-outs begin...

No comments: