Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

I hate MacBook Pro...

I've spent most of the evening reconstructing my links and passwords, because for some reason, every one of my saved passcodes was wiped out and some of the sites I visit required me to set up new ones. I couldn't even get into the correct page on my blog for an hour because it refused to open; it kept trying to get me to start a new blog and telling me I had the wrong password. I finally got into it by getting a gmail address and changing it to that and then returning to an old passcode...and for some damned reason, it worked.

I don't know what the hell is going on with this piece of shit laptop, but since getting it I've had issue after issue. It's taken me months to even begin to get used to the flat keys. The limitation of not having USB ports has been a hundred times more problematic than I thought it would be. I've had it freeze up to where I couldn't do anything...six times. And when I connected an external hard drive to use as a memory backup, the wifi flipped out. Hell, I even have trouble ejecting flash drives from the USB extension I bought; half the time it tells me the drive is in use even though I've closed out everything that I was doing on it.

Maybe I've got a lemon, I don't know...but I do know I am no longer confident in this thing. My 10-year-old MacBook was a hundred times better than this piece of shit. I'm damned close to sending it back to Apple and telling them I want a real computer and not this toy.

I think I'm going back to my MacBook to work on PS. If there's anything I don't want to have to deal with while dealing with Brendan, it's a prima donna piece of electronics. I have enough trouble in in life without wondering if I'm going to lose all my data, some day. It was traumatic enough that I lost some on a damaged thumb drive.

Shit, why can't life be simple?

No comments: