Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

RIHC6 is reformatted...

I just uploaded the file to Ingram Spark and it's been accepted, at no charge, so we shall see how it looks when I get the PDF proof. But I do like how it looks, now, in my own PDF version...very clean and neat. Almost professional. It would be completely professional if I could work out how to make words automatically hyphenate when I justify the text instead of just adding spaces between the words to fit the justification.

What's nice is, if I do decide to put it into a box set with OT, the paperbacks are already the same size -- 5.5x8.5 inches. Worked out well. Not sure how to do that, but it's something I can look into later.

With BC, HTRASG and PM, I'm going to try a simpler route. I want them to just look good, not amateurish, like they do now...though BC might take some work. It's a big book. Nearly 200,000 words. I can't take as long as I did with RIHC6 because I only have the free option till next Thursday. But I'm getting on it, tomorrow.

There's a possibility I might be able to make a short trip to Belfast, the end of next month, and visit the prison museum on Crumlin Road. I can't afford to go all that way on my own, but one job I definitely have in the UK has segued into another potential one...and if that one comes through I'll have 3 days between jobs. So...I can't talk myself out of it. Brendan's also pushing.

I also want to see if I can scope out the Castleragh police station area. So it'd be a 2-night stay...and I'm shaking my head at my financial irresponsibility...but it's important for PS so it's happening...if everything comes together.

That's still a big IF.

No comments: