Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, May 18, 2018

Okay...scene submitted...

I sent my 6-page scene from The Alice '65 to ABC Discovers and expect nothing back, but it was free and maybe it'll get someone to read the book. You never know. I got some interesting feedback to use on it, so I think it works...and it made Adam happy. Now I can return my focus to Place of Safety and begin the step outline for the Houston section of the book.

Brendan's pushing me to take it as far as I can...so I am. I'll try and take it even darker and yet funnier, if possible, using some of my own experiences living in San Antonio during the 70s...and those of some of my friends. People I know. Not everything has to be from your own life...as this book is proving to me.

I'm going to try a slightly different manner of writing the book. As I go through and work up the first draft, I'm also going to shift over to other books I want to write, in an attempt to keep from becoming too caught up in how massive the thing is. I've sort of tried this before without much success...but I want to do it, again, just to see what happens.

I've got Underground Guy to finish, which is really just a fun piece of gay erotica cloaked in a serial killer mystery and focused on a bastard who's forced to see what damage he's doing to people. Not sure if he'll change...but no demands, either way.

I've got Carli's Kills, which would be a fun piece to do for women, with Zeke being objectified by Carli in a way men objectify women. Make it as erotic as possible without much in the way of language or crudity. Just to see how explicit I could be without a single cock or dick or pussy mentioned it...maybe no foul language, at all. It would be a simple book to shift over from script format, I think. We'll see.

I could do the same with Blood Angel, though that would be more intense. Sex connected to murderous horror, with Gabrielle and Dmitry covering both versions of it -- gay and straight. Maybe I'll change the battle over Tristan to one where each is trying to bring him to their side, drop this The One shit, since that's really pretty hackneyed.

Or...I could go the opposite extreme and make The Cowboy King of Texas into another rom-com like A65. Counter-programming with something light and farcical.  It's a thought.

It just all shows me how much I have left to do...

No comments: