Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Something different...

 Today, I finished preparing an adult coloring book and uploaded it to Ingram Spark for printing. If they accept it, the book will be offered through Ingram Content Group for order, and possibly through Barnes & Noble and Amazon. I won't know for sure till they add it to their sites. It's 25 sketches I worked up, cleaned up and arranged in a little series of erotic fantasies, and I like how they turned out. Not as clean and simple as most coloring books, but could be lots of fun. My hope is to have it out and ready for order by the end of September.

It's gay oriented, of course, but I've long known there are a lot of women who like gay literature and images. Many even write gay romance...whoa, use the current term, Kyle -- MM Romance and Erotica. Some of it quite deep into kink. Reading them, I've found that what I think is extreme in my books is fairly tame. The closest I get to water sports, for example, is near the end of Hunter, when the MC is being deliberately humiliated by it. I guess I led a very sheltered life.

I did the coloring book to clear my head after Dair's Window blew up on me. Art has always been my refuge. I was never good enough to be considered a fine artist, but it did well enough for me. I even made money doing storyboards for films. But focusing on these sketches, and the tedious job of cleaning up the dirt in the image after they've been scanned, blanked out my confusion and anger at what happened with DW and let me see clear, again.

I'm still setting that book aside and finishing at least the first two parts of A Place of Safety -- Derry and Houston -- before I return to it. I got to thinking about them and they really are two halves to a whole. I can do the third part -- Return to Derry -- after they are set. My goal now is to have a readable draft ready for these two by the end of the year. No guarantees, but it's something to keep me moving forward.

Baby steps...

No comments: