Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Back from Hudson Valley...

This trip was quick and dirty, and I'm not really done with it till tomorrow, when I turn the car in and finalize the archives for shipping. But it went well enough. It's just a long drive, and half the rest stops on the thruway between Syracuse and Buffalo are closed or being torn down for rebuilding...so that adds to the length of it. Fewer places to pull out for a moment and break things up.

But...both days were lovely, and the scenery amazing. This is of the Hudson River, from the 9D heading up  to Newburgh. In the foreground you can see the railroad tracks Amtrak uses to go from NYC to Buffalo...the same tracks used in Alfred Hitchcock's North by Northwest.

I did get some interesting notes for FRT's rewrite. I just need to find the last version I did in Final Draft and load it onto my desktop. My FD file is too old to work on any newer computer. Irritating, but I'd stopped writing scripts so felt no need to update it.

I haven't stopped on APoS. I'm letting the information I've gathered from War and an Irish Town filter in, blending with Brendan and his life. I don't want to start adding in details for the sake of details or opinions that he wouldn't have had. That can happen too easily. The main thing I'm aiming for is the utter cluelessness of most people involved, and the arrogant stupidity of the British Army commanders, who think something that didn't work before, in India, will work in Northern Ireland.

But first things, first -- redo Find Ray T and decide what to do with it, then.

No comments: