Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Question...

I'm moving right along on APoS...and may be asking for Beta readers to give a it a look, over Christmas holidays. I'm going to do a general call to people on Facebook and Twitter, maybe Instagram. But I know I'm so close to the story, now, I'll never be able to objectively deal with it. Thing is, it is going to be a good-size novel. I'm on the downhill slide, now, and I need to know what's working and what isn't for people before I dig into the next draft.

That said, National Novel Writing Month starts up again, on Monday...and I'm tempted to do some erotica, just to release some inner tensions. Question is, what? I have a vampire script I could turn into a nice erotic tale. Blood Angel. It's a bit hackneyed, however -- an 800 year old vampire queen obsesses with a young Jazz musician in post-Katrina New Orleans. It's got all the usual shit of he's The One she's been seeking since forever in order to take her place as Queen of Vampires...and it's kind of dopey.

So...I could make it just a lustful thing. She's after him because she wants to fuck with him, but in order for her to feel satisfaction...she'd need to kill him as they reach completion. Unless she turns him; then she's bound to him, forever. She isn't sure how she feels about that, even though she feels nothing except the need to have him again and again...

I used this scene from Matador as part of my idea for the story. This woman is a serial killer who seduces then murders men just as they ejaculate inside her.

Another possibility is Carli's Kills, about an ex-Army sniper who's out to avenger her daughter's suicide. She uses sex to get to the bastards who drove the girl to it. Then she falls for one who's not really part of what happened and all but rapes him...but by making him hers, that leads to his death.

Of course, there's also We-come, which would be erotic sci-fi horror. A critter's space ship crash-lands on earth and it uses people to feed on and use for energy as it sends off SOS signals to its fellow beings. Part of what gives it energy is the endorphins that explode when a human orgasms, so it forces both males and females to do so before eating them. Make it goofy and funny. Yum.

Hell, I don't know. I'm in a bizarre mood so I may wind up doing nothing. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: