Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, January 8, 2022

Are biorhythms still a thing?


I remember back many...many...years ago, Biorhythms was the big explanation for a lot of emotional issues and swings. It seemed to work well when I paid attention to it, but it sort of petered out, after a while. But sometimes I still think about it...and wonder if my general emotional status fluctuates according to that. Because right now I'm low on the scale, both realistically and according to their chart.

I got a filling replaced, this morning, at nearly double the cost of a cleaning visit, and it knocked me into self-recrimination mode. I've never been very good when it came to finances, and I've gotten myself into debt, like crazy. For a while, I was paying it down really well, but then Covid hit and my income dropped by 25%. Now I'm at a stage where my income is half what it was, pre-Covid, and crap expenses like this are making things worse.

Which cuts into my ability to focus on writing. I'm already very easily distracted, which is one reason I think I may be undiagnosed ADD (isn't that a 21st Century way of looking at things?), but I honestly cannot shift my concentration to where I can sit down and write, when I'm like this. I'll step up and mean to start...then get distracted by something dumb. And hours later, nothing's been done. And I feel worse.

None of which helps my negative mood from yesterday, which I why I'm wondering if maybe my emotional state was on a downswing and the dental costs just kicked that negativity into full control. I don't know. I just know it's stupid to get in twitter fights with people who don't matter to you, and spend hours trolling facebook pages for something to pay attention to.

What's sad is, I really want to finish CK. Get it done and out the door.. Problem is, the damn thing won't write or edit itself. And sadder? I really want to have Carli messing with Zeke. Have it as sexy as anything.

But there's a whole section of pretty guys on Tumblr that are way more important to look at than this...   

No comments: