Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Progress is slow

I'm going through CK chapter by chapter and also doing a short outline of details for each one so I can make sure I'm getting everything I need to and be consistent about it. I've already caught a couple of errors and things I need to explain or return to, later. It's just slow-going.

What's interesting to me is how the story keeps shifting from humor to horror and back again. Not sure how that's going to play, yet. If this counts as black humor or not. It might just be indecisive, but since I'm doing this as third person omniscient, that might not be a bad thing.

I am having fun with Carli's non-stop rating of the men she meets. She even does it with a couple of Latino high school boys who are dealers for Dax...and decides they're too young. Instead, she gets them to leave town before all hell breaks loose.

The story happens fast...in 8 full days. There's a lot of history that's referred to, of course, but the actual murders go from early Saturday morning to early Sunday morning, the following weekend. Zoom-zoom.

I'm also thinking of doing a calendar for 2023 with images that reference the books I've written. Not all of them...maybe 6 or 8 of my titles. 1 or 2 images for each. Spiral bound, if I can figure out where to do it. Ingram doesn't have it offered on their site. Same for saddle-stitch or staples, so I sent them a query about it.

It would probably be 28 pages, maybe 30, 8.5x11", depending on how I set them up. Just these? Sketches or paintings? Of scenes? Hmm...










No comments: