Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, January 19, 2023

Maybe I'm getting old...

I'm becoming agoraphobic. I was going to run out and grab some things I needed and instead I talked myself into waiting until tomorrow. When I'll have to get milk, at the very least. I'm also juggling pulling together estimates for 5 different jobs -- San Francisco, Los Angeles, Houston, Hudson Valley, and London -- and it's got my brain scattered. I barely got my expenses and invoice in to Caladex.

Which is a long way of saying I got no writing done, today. I got lazy and watched new episodes of Midsomer Murders. They came out last month, on Acorn, and I didn't know. There's also a new season of Vera coming up. So I went uncaring about money and set up Britbox and Acorn, again. 

I have to watch MM because it still has Nick Hendrix as DS Jamie Winter and he's who I based DS Finley Winterbourne on in The Beast in the Nothing Room. A book I am seriously proud of because of how well its mystery works and its tag line is -- How do you stop a serial killer who kills no one and doesn't even exist?

I only watch Vera because it started out with David Leon as her DS and he matched Brenda Blethyn in every way. To the extent that when he left he was replaced with a washed-out version of him who has zero charisma. But Brenda's cool and that's not out for another month, and their mysteries are a bit better situated than Midsomer Murders' ones; the latter are just cozy...like Agatha Christi stuff. And Finn...I mean, Nick is fun to watch (which makes absolutely no sense to me because he is not my type, but there it is).

So to finish up, I got distracted and I feel fine about it.

No comments: