Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, January 28, 2023

Waylaid...

Been a rough few days just trying to catch up with everything...and I'm still not. I did a fast trip to Brockport, yesterday, in the snow to pick up some archives. All were in bankers boxes but they weren't ship-able in that fashion, so I brought them back to the office and set them into slightly larger boxes then took them to Southwest Air Cargo to head out. By the time I was done, I was exhausted.

Part of the issue was the actual driving in poor weather. It makes me tense, to say the least, especially since I'm in a rental car with my own insurance covering it. It's less me I'm worried about than the other idiots on the road going 70-80 in sleeting conditions while rigs are going 55. It was a 50 mile drive but took me an hour and a half, each way.

It also took all my concentration, so I didn't really think about APoS as I'm toodling along. Not that I need to, much, right now. I'm in a section that I have a good idea is pretty much in order. I've got one chapter to add about the trip to Austin for the punk band, later on, but it's flowing that direction. Brendan's about to go through some brutal changes, again, and I want them to slip up on him.

Today was paperwork day, finalizing the costing for two jobs I have...one of which starts on Wednesday, in San Francisco. Meaning I'm flying there Tuesday. And in the office Monday to help with the book fairs happening over the next two weekends. So absolutely no writing getting done till I'm back in 10 days. And that's if the potential job in Houston comes through. Not guaranteed right now; the client is balking at the cost. A million dollars worth of books and they're whining because we want to crate them for protection.

What ya gonna do?

No comments: