Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Meandering, again...

I'm focusing on Brendan's emotional state as I try to figure out the direction the story is going, now. So he stays up all night, his mind going in a hundred different directions, then he goes to The Derry Journal and reads about the bombing and everything is verified.

He crosses over to the Waterside, using his American persona to gain passage, and searches out Joanna's house...but other people live there, now. So he goes back to the Bogside, chats with the soldiers at the checkpoints and learns many of them hate Thatcher and don't know why they're in Northern Ireland. Then he lets Kieran know he wants to speak with Colm.

He brings in some bottles of Carling and goes upstairs, where he and his mother have a quiet talk about how she hates to eat because everything tastes bad, to her. Thanks to the medications she's on.

I have no idea where this is going, yet, but I think I'm breaking up the meeting with Colm. One now, one later. I don't know what the fuck I'm doing, here, so I'm letting Brendan do it for me.

Had an appointment with a Urologist and they did a scan of my stomach and bladder, and everything's just like it always is. Same for my prostate.

I'm also dealing with a nasty situation set up by Avis. Washington DC claims I ran a red light, but the time they listed it happening is when the van I was driving was parked in an underground garage. Only I can't fight the ticket because Avis, without even talking to me, paid it! Which closed it! $150 for something that could not have happened. I'm upset about that and trying to figure out how to fight it...but may not be able to.

Also, Delta changed my flight to the UK. It was in partnership with British airways, but now is Virgin, and the flights between JFK and Manchester, and Heathrow and JFK are different enough to make me uncomfortable.

It seems like all of a sudden no matter what I do, someone is taking money from me or changing things on me without even discussing it with me, first.

No comments: