Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, August 23, 2024

Writing in spite of life's bullshit...

Well...After discussion with Avis I am out $180 for a ticket that I know is bullshit. But since I was in a rental car, the ticket was written to Avis, not me, and paid by Avis, not me, so I can't fight it. I can't do a damn thing except bitch, whine and complain...and pay the fucking money. If I don't, Avis will turn me over to a collection agency and my credit will get screwed up.

On another note, a DVD of DeadPool 2 I ordered is now officially lost or stolen in transit. Ebay first told me they were not going to give me a refund for it because the PO said it had been delivered...even though it hadn't been. But I got an email from the PO agreeing it had not so sent them that and they didn't have any option. But it had been difficult finding a copy of that DVD that wasn't Korean or Australian...and now have to start over.

On top of that, I ran out to a grocery store to get milk, and checked my mail as I was leaving. I got my certificate of copyright from the Library of Congress for APoS-NWFO, so took it with me. Put it in my grocery bag for safe-keeping...and when I got home could not find it. Anywhere.

I checked my car. I went back to the store and searched and asked around. It's nowhere, like I never really got it. I have no idea what happened, and I'm close to thinking I might have dreamed it. Except I'm 100% sure I had it. A replacement copy is $55.

Somehow I still managed to work up more of Brendan's quiet talk with his mother, giving him a bit more information about her and his father. There was also how she blames his difficult birth for having to stop dancing the Sean Nós, an Irish dance. They're how she met his father, and continued with them to make some extra money.

But Brendan's birth messed her up. And it also seemed to her like he didn't want to be born. Then through his life didn't want to be part of the world. And she almost seems sorry for him. Which is difficult to hear, after all those years of her abuse. At least now I know where they were married, and how.

This guy...it's like sifting for gold to get details out of him...

No comments: