Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

14 chapters done, 20 to go...

 It's funny, but working on APoS-NWFO is helping me with my blood pressure. I got into some back and forth with a couple MAGAts on Twitter, managing to keep my temper and basically mocking them, but when I tested my BP it was 182/100 w/88. NOT good, very red zone.

So I stopped, went to the bank, got some eggs and guacamole, tried to find a copy of Vanity Fair's Hollywood edition, and came home. Then had dinner, and worked on a couple more chapters. And I took it, again, just a bit ago and it's down to 155/100 w/80. Not good but not in the red zone.

I really should go walking. That always does make me feel better and opens my mind more. I just need new shoes.

Anyway, these chapters are when Brendan meets Everett, a gay graphic artist for a grocery store chain in Houston. Scott wants to show off how he and Jeremy, his best friend, used to sneak into gay bars to drink, when underage. He drags Bren to Montrose and into an old house made over into a gay bar, where it turns out they're having a drag show.

Brendan's nervous and Everett notices so becomes protective of him. Scott winds up too drunk to drive and Brendan is not sure where they are, so Everett drives them home to River Oaks and becomes a fixture in Brendan's life.

A very supportive fixture. He's got a crush on him, but with Brendan being 17 doesn't even think of stepping over the line. And Brendan doesn't care about him being gay. Unfortunately, it's going to lead him to some painful understandings about his family, hypocrisy, and intolerance.

No comments: