Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Circling the wagons

The old western phrase, which was how wagon trains fended off attacks by Native Americans. I'm trying to do it with my finances...and that took up all of this evening. Changing insurance companies to get less expensive policies. Working out a serious budget to keep spending to a minimum. checking into the penalties to stop cable and my land-line (and finding out I'm too close to the end of the contract for it to be of any use).

So...no writing done. But at least I dropped my current expenditures by over $80 a month.

I'm doing this because once I have OT's first draft done, I'm getting A65 into order and entering it into competitions and festivals...and those ain't cheap. I need the flexibility in my outgo. I have a feeling this script is the one that will put me over the top, finally. But it has to be as good as it can be. No, it has to be better.

The positive thing about OT, right now, is it's keeping my brain focused on something else and getting me plenty of distance from A65. That way I can approach it as if it's someone else's work and attack it, accordingly.

I also got a deal through my health insurance where I can join a fairly cheap gym for free. Up to $250 per year. Now it's a case of where I'd be stupid if I didn't make use of that...and I've got too many other ways to be stupid. On this, my goal is to build stamina more than anything else. I've noticed I get tired a lot easier, these days, and I can't do that while I'm dealing with packing books. Collapsing at the end of the day is not a way to get anything else done besides work. So...back to the stationary bike.

Who knows? Maybe someday I'll wind up back at 160 lbs and healthy as a horse.

(Snort.)

No comments: