Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Dumb

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. I spoke too soon about the end being in sight for OT. That lovely garden path just became a bramble bush and I got snared in it. My reasoning for why everything happened flew out the window and left behind nothing but a room full of bird poop.

Dammit.

I was going to have the explanation tie into greed, plain and simple. It worked out so perfectly. Too perfectly. I should have seen the trap Jake laid and led me into. The little shit.

So now he's just looking at me, cool-eyed, and asking what I'm going to do about it. Because the fact of the matter is, the greed idea was an easy out. The lazy man's explanation. A Hollywood story.

It's like he's saying, "You know what this is really about. Stop being a wuss." Which is, realistically, what I was being. I didn't want to have to work out the whole deal, but it's not going away. A devil sprang through the door and it took a kick in the ass from my angels to make me see it for what it was.

And if this post doesn't convince you I'm a psychopathic freak, nothing will.

No comments: