Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Feelin' snarky...

I'm thinking of a couple of people I know, but mainly about John Boehner and Mitch McConnell, who are going to turn the fight over the debt ceiling into a real bitch fest...and I said I wasn't doing political crap on here, anymore. Okay. Ending it.

I'm up to page 95 of A65...and there's a long bit between Adam and Casey as they bond that needs to be better done. I'm not sure what I'd do to make it shorter and sharper, yet, because I like where it comes. And I have 2 inclinations --

1. have it lead into sex...which I'm not so sure about...and yet, do like the idea.

2. just cut the breakfast scene where Adam shows his resourcefulness by ironing his shirt with a pot of water. But...it feels like a family there.

I dunno...I guess I'll deal with it on the next pass. If I go by my usual procedures, I'll be doing 4 more rewrites before I feel sure enough about the script to send it out.

It's always a battle...but cats help make the truth clear.

No comments: