Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

On my way...


At JFK awaiting my flight to Dublin. This glorious packing job keeps expanding, so I may get to do no looking around the country, outside of County Wicklow. I've never been there, before, so that's cool...but I was hoping to be done Saturday and drive to The Cliffs of Moher on Sunday. It's about a 4 hour trip, each way, so I'd have to have the day to do it. Dammit.

I'm also awaiting the moment when I can check to see if I can change my seat. Aer Lingus wouldn't let me select my own...I guess since I booked through JetBlue...so I wound up at the back of the plane at a window. On long flights I prefer the aisle. Makes it easier to get up and stretch, and offers a bit more elbow room.

But that's a minimal complaint for getting a free trip to Ireland...even if it is just for a few days.

My plane just arrived and lots of Irish kids are getting off. Mostly boys in their teens, like it's a school outing...which it may be. Easter is early, this year, and on top of St. Pat's, tomorrow...next week is going to be massively insane.

BTW, here's how NYC looked as I flew in. I've been here so many times and it still amazes me at how huge the city is, and this doesn't count how we first crossed Long Island to turn around over the ocean.

It just goes on and on and on...

No comments: