Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

More from the trip

I have to share this insane moment I saw while atop The Cliffs. Don't forget, they're 700 feet straight up from the ocean.
The following photos were taken at about the middle point of the Cliffs. This is looking to the south. The tiny dots along the top ledge are people walking along the pathway.

These two boys were chucking stones over the side to find out if they could hear them hit the water. The boy in the black jacket and plum plants has his foot planted right at the edge of the cliffs.

...as in...right here. I got on my stomach to take this photo...
This was taken from that same spot.

This last photo is en route back to the visitor center, which is already closed. It cleared up just enough to be able to make out Inish Oirr with not much manipulation of the picture.

No comments: