Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Pushing it...

I'm working up storyboards for a competition to make a short film. Here's my script -- NEXT.

EXT. HOUSE - NIGHT
Quiet. Deserted. A good-looking young couple -- CLINT and EVA -- head for a dark two-story house, arms entwined.

A DARK FIGURE rises. Unnoticed. Watches them.

CLINT
... So the client finally comes out the door, and the dude behind the desk asks, How was it? And the guy says, Best sex I ever had. But it was so dark in there; wish I could'a seen who she was. Then that same door opens and this ninety-year-old fart with a beard an' no teeth pops his head out, spits and says, Next.

EVA
Oh, Clint -- you're awful.

CLINT
Aw, no, I'm good. Real good.

He nips at her neck. She dances away.

THE FIGURE watches Clint chase Eva to the door.

EVA
Stop it. I'm ticklish.

CLINT
That's fun to know.

EVA
And that's all you're gonna know, freak. It's late.

CLINT
Aw, Eva. Can't I come in for a second? Just for a ... a nightcap?

EVA
Yeah, I've known you, what -- two hours? So say, g'night, Clintie.

CLINT
Good night, Clintie.

She giggles. Leans against the wall. Seductive.

He moves in close. His lips almost brush hers. She barely tries to hold him back.

The dark figure quietly CRAWLS DOWN THE WALL, upside down above them, like a spider. Tall, dark, beautiful FEDERIKA.

CLINT (CONT'D)
Then how ‘bout a kiss?

EVA
Why?

CLINT
You might like it.

EVA
I’ve been kissed before.

CLINT
Not by me.

She smiles. His lips connect with hers. She all but purrs. They glide into a deep passionate embrace. He trails his lips down her neck. She stretches back. Looks up.

FEDERIKA LOOKS BACK AT HER, INCHES AWAY. She SCREAMS.

BAM -- Federika pounces on Clint. They crash to the ground. Eva is slung to the side. Clint wriggles away.

Federika jumps up. She has FANGS. SHE'S A VAMPIRE.

Clint yelps. Sees a branch on the ground. Jumps for it.

Federika motions to him with one hand.

Clint tumbles. Scrambles up. Grabs for the branch, again.

Federika lunges at Clint. Slings him around. Sends him flying over a garbage can.

Eva scrambles to her feet. Digs in her purse.

Federika advances. Fangs bared.

Eva stumbles back, crouching.

Clint finds a used chopstick in the trash, snaps it and jumps Federika. She deflects him with a Russian style of martial arts. They seem evenly matched.

Eva digs her keys from her purse and unlocks the front door.

Federika slams Clint into a tree. Turns him around. Gets a tight hold on him. Is about to bite his neck.

Eva yanks Mace from her purse. Jumps Federika. Sprays her with it. Federika knocks her aside, but the Mace affects her. She SNARLS in fury.

Clint breaks free. Rams the chopstick into Federika's shoulder. She SCREAMS in pain. Rips the chopstick out.

FEDERIKA
(total Dracula)
For this, you will pay.

Clint stumbles back. Eva yanks him into the house.

Federika tries to follow -- cannot enter.

EVA
Sorry, bitch. Vampire free zone.

She slams the door in Federika’s face.

INT. HOUSE - NIGHT
Through a window, Clint and Eva watch Federika.

FEDERIKA
I wait for you, boy. I wait for you.

She backs into the darkness.

Clint pants like a dog. Eva purrs as she turns to him.

CLINT
Aw, man. Aw, man. You ... you sure she can’t get in?

EVA
Clintie, vampires have to be invited into a house. Everybody knows that.

CLINT
Now I gotta stay here till dawn. And what could we do till then?

Eva showers him with nips and kisses. Shoves him onto the couch. Tears open his shirt, grinning like a crazed sex-aholic. Clint whoops.

CLINT (CONT’D)
Ah ... well ... if you insist ...

She pulls at his pants. He giggles. They kiss some more.

HIS HAIR GROWS A LITTLE. HIS EARS BECOME POINTED.

Eva keeps kissing him.

HER NAILS GET LONGER ... SHARPER.

They keep fooling around.

EXT. HOUSE - NIGHT
The lights go out. GIGGLES, LAUGHTER, GROANS AND GROWLS.

Federika sees a full moon begins to rise. She backs away.

EXT. ALLEYWAY - NIGHT
Cluttered. Clint strides down it. His face is scratched. Federika POUNCES ON HIM, in full vampire mode. They crash to the ground. Clint YELPS like a scared puppy. Federika almost bites him -- flicks his forehead with a finger.

FEDERIKA
That is for ramming the chopstick in my shoulder, you little shit.

CLINT
I had to do something to make her think I could beat you. You used your magic crap on me!

She stands and yanks Clint to his feet.

FEDERIKA
I just hope the little bitch was worth it.

CLINT
Well ... sort’a. Kind’a. Sort’a.

He licks a scratch on one hand.

FEDERIKA
Wait ... what happened? You’re all scratched up.

CLINT
Aw, Federika, she was a CAT woman.

FEDERIKA
No!

CLINT
Yep. She thought she was gonna eat me -- and not in a fun way.

FEDERIKA
Clint. How is it you always find these crazy girls?

CLINT
I dunno. I just see something fun and frisky, and I go for it. Like I did with you.

FEDERIKA
And we almost killed each other. But that’s a typical werewolf attitude -- hump now, think later. You’d do better to learn something about the next girl before you try that, again.

Clint scratches behind one ear.

CLINT
Aw, please. Then they want to build a bed together.

FEDERIKA
I know what you mean.

CLINT
Life was so much easier when all I wanted to do was kill girls and play with their entrails.

FEDERIKA
... Is that how it ended?

CLINT
Naw, I think she’s still hiding under the house. But I gotta say -- till she turned, it was some damn good humpin’. Anyway ... you picked yours, yet?

FEDERIKA
A cute barrista with a man-bun, who’s off work in half an hour.

CLINT
Aw, man. We better get goin'. Full moon’s almost at her peak. You want me in full wolf mode?

He bounces away. Federika smiles and follows.

FEDERIKA
It does make them feel masculine when they fight you off. Oh ... the things one must do to get laid.

CLINT
Yep. So ... can I watch, again?

FEDERIKA
Only if you promise not to whine and claw at the window, this time. I ... need to concentrate.

CLINT
You?

FEDERIKA
I’ve ... had a problem, lately. With premature Dracu-lation.

CLINT
Aw, Federika, that hits girls, too?

FEDERIKA
It’s not the same thing!

CLINT
All right, all right, all right, I’ll be quiet, I promise. Promise.

Federika pats Clint’s butt. He bounces around like a happy puppy.

CLINT (CONT'D)
Aw, man, this is gonna be so great. Next.

They disappear into the night with a YIP, YIP, YIP, HOWL.

FADE TO BLACK

No comments: