Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, March 7, 2016

Back to world traveler...

Ireland is set. I'll be in Dublin on St. Patrick's day, arriving 8am.  I don't start packing till the next day, so I may take a bus into town and wander about, a bit, to keep myself awake, then get my rental car and head down to County Wicklow, a part of the country I've not been to. I'm there till Monday, then I fly home.

I was hoping to do a swing by London to help with the UK dealers shipping to the US for the New York Book Fair, but that fell through thanks to the long Easter weekend. It's a 4-day one, in Europe. Oh well.

What's great is how I was able to set up the flight via Jet Blue's website. They partner with Aer Lingus so I'll hop down to Terminal 5 in NYC and just change planes. Same coming back. And I'm pre-cleared through US Customs in Dublin, so I don't have to hassle with that at JFK. Tres kewl.

Tomorrow I'm off to Albuquerque, NM for a quick archive pack and ship. I'm flying Southwest but they are getting to be a pain in so many ways. I like the ability to check baggage and change flights with no penalty, but their planes are getting to be so tight, if you don't have a 30 inch waist you don't have room to open your laptop. I'm trying to get a few inches off my middle, but so far haven't done well.

Maybe a girdle...

No comments: