Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, June 15, 2018

I may be done with prepping A65...

I got the pdf proof for A65 and it looked good, so I set up to get a hardcopy and arranged for the book to be available next Friday, the 22nd. Then all I need to do is figure out some way to promote it that doesn't take an arm and a leg in cost.

I spent a bit of money to get it placed at a recent librarians' conference in NYC, at the end of May...in hardcover. I know it was there; here's a photo. It stands out, too. But so far as I can tell, no one picked it up or even considered it. But...it's only been 2 weeks; let's see if anything more happens.

I'm cleaning my work space, tomorrow, and getting myself into a semblance of order. I want to make better use of my time and focus, and digging through all this crap to find things is nonsense. I also plan to start working at least once a week with an organization that's fighting the diseased actions of ICE as regards people crossing the border into the US without permission. Tearing children away from their parents is vile and satanic, in practice, and I can't just snarl about it on Facebook, Twitter and the comments sections of articles I read. It has to be faced down, now. This is what the Gestapo did to Jews in concentration camps, and I'll be damned if I sit quietly while they start that shit here.

My one problem with doing this is the amount I travel. It's hard to work in a steady schedule of any form of volunteer or political work. The last campaign I worked on for a long period was Ann Richards for Governor of Texas, against Clayton Williams...which she won. I was working at Sam Houston Books and would go in, twice a week, to make lawn signs and stuff envelopes. No phone calls; I suck at that. No door-to-door, either. But grunt work like this, I can do without issue.

But something has to be done about the evil being perpetrated by the GOP...and I don't care if people "don't agree with all of their policies," if you support that criminal organization in any way, you support everything they do. Even tacitly.

And you should be ashamed.

No comments: