Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, August 20, 2018

Chaos abounds...

I'm trying to rework my apartment so it's more spacious...well, less cluttered...so everything is in a mess, right now. How I had it worked but was getting to be junky. Now I just want space...but any idea on how to achieve that is taking its time in coming to me...

I also want a new laptop. I hate this fucking thing I've got. The keys are so flush against the frame, I'm finding myself ten times more prone to hit two at once...and I can't seem to get the hang of how to avoid that. Also, some of the keys are so sensitive, if you brush against them they input a letter, while others you have to pound to get them to take. I have enough trouble with typos to have to deal with that crap, as well.

There's also the issue of when I'm online and link to a site...like my blog. A blank page comes up...and nothing happens. I have to hit refresh and then it's like it realizes I really did want to go to that page and brings it up. Other times, it just locks up and I have to power down and reboot to get it to go. It's like a little diva and there ain't room for two divas in my life; I'm enough of one.

I may shift everything I'm doing on UG into a plain DOC file and return to working on my old MacBook, then ship this fucker back to MAC to have it looked at before I throw it out my 4th floor window.

I miss my MacBook. It was bulky and old, but it worked good. If there was some way for me to update it enough to keep using, I would...but the fuckers at MAC say no way. And that pisses me off.

When I spend $2300 on a fucking laptop, I want it to work right and forever.

No comments: