Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Back to FRT...

Today I spent doing a red-pen correction of Find Ray T. Found a number of typos and some inconsistencies and repetitions to remove, but overall it's a much better script than it was. Damon's rootlessness gives him a nicer story arc. He starts out more shallow but it brings an lot more heft to the whole process...because he's learning how important it is to stick with people. So when he tells Celia it's over, she points out he's still refusing to commit to someone for very long by dumping her, but he immediately goes to his ex-wife, Tara, and starts trying to rebuild the life he had with her and his son...and he refers to Celia as an escape that he's not going to take anymore.

I'm also working up a basic resume. Nothing much to it, since they only want 15-20 years back, so it's fitting onto one page. I found I didn't get a storyboarding credit for work I did on Red Sky, but I'm not surprised. In fact, the real shock is that they actually shot it. I thought it had tanked when Mario Van Peebles came aboard to direct and Dave Riggs got himself a ticket to jail for buzzing the Santa Monica Pier in an old fighter jet...then dying in a plane crash in China.

Anyway, the last 20 years have been both steady and insane, career-wise, so I'm not sure what I'll put in to make my work history match up with my personal statement. But I have time.

I registered the treatment for Dair's Window with the WGA, per requirement. Once I have the changes and corrections input into FRT, which has to be done on my desktop computer since my Final Draft is too old to work on my laptop, I'll register that and then it's off to the races. No idea how long it takes to find out anything, but you have to start the program on April Fools' Day...which seems appropriate...so it must be fairly quick.

I'm having Underground Guy beta read and edited. I think it's ready enough to start getting feedback on...and I've begun talking about it in some of the facebook groups I belong to as well as my tumbler blog. Next step is to set up a temporary page on my website for people to go to and for me to update info till it's ready. I'm setting it up through Smashwords as an ebook, to start. Paperback is later.

Now to shower and bed and prepare for the Seattle Book Fair, tomorrow.

No comments: