Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Once more I'm completed...

With a packing job, that is. Pickup for the items is tomorrow and I head home on the late flight from JFK. Toronto is weekend after next, and then comes Hong Kong at the end of the month. A busy-ish month.

I'm still waiting on the second editor's notes on UG so kept adding to the outline for DW. I don't want to go through UG until I know what this second person's going to catch and suggest. That's a waste of time and effort.

I also contacted the LA Festival of Books and asked about setting up a signing during the next fair. That would be the second weekend of April. I'd do A65 and ask Book Soup to handle sales...if they let me in. It's late to be asking so all the slots may be taken...but I guess I could look into other festivals like this, like in NY or Chicago...

Y'know, this is proof positive I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to promotion of my books. I didn't even think about this until some fee-based company contacted me and asked if I'd like to make use of their services. I thought about it for the Festival...then checked to see when it was and found I could just ask to be part of that. So I did.

If I do get in, I can use my airline points to fly out, use points for a hotel room, maybe even use points for a car...all to keep expenses down. So I'd be out mainly gas, food and the cost of having books on-hand to sell. I could afford that.

As for that company, they don't list their fees on their website, never a good sign...so I'm not bothering. All they really offer is showing the book off, like what I set up for the Librarians' convention in DC...which got me nothing.

It's funny -- HTRASG and BC are my best-selling books, and I do very little promotion for them. They're hardly mainstream reading. DM and A65 are my poorest sellers. Guess I'm just not meant for the NY Times Bestseller list.

Story of my life.

No comments: