Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Dair's Window part 2

The treatment is done -- 8 pages. I need it to be 5 and still get across the emotional essence of the story. That's gonna be fun. Cut and condense and fight with myself over nothing. Not looking forward to that.

I've written letters to voters for votefwd.org, urging them to vote. Hand-wrote them, to make them more personal. It was not easy, because my handwriting is hard to read so I had to go slow and be as precise as I could. But they're done and will be in the mail, tomorrow.

I found out, today, my doctor is a Republican. He has 3 daughters but is more worried about young men being falsely accused of rape, something that happens in 2% of rape cases. I told him of my own sisters' experiences with men, as well as a niece, and pointed out too many men think women are just there for their use and not as human beings. His response? "If I had to do it over, again, I wouldn't have gotten married."

I think I'm going to change doctors. A man who should know better is swallowing the culture of victimhood being seized upon by white men. I don't think I can trust his judgement, now. There are other things I find problematic with him. Like I've been getting headaches on the left side of my head, starting in my shoulder, and I feel a slight pressure in my left eye, but without even touching me he decided it's just tension and told me to do some stretches.

So it's on top of that, that he supports a party that wants to hurt me. I get Social Security, now, and the GOP wants to cut that. Same for Medicare. All so they can give more tax cuts to billionaires. And let's not even get into how they'll now go after gay rights and women's rights and voting rights. So those who are on their side are proving to be enemies to me. And don't tell me they probably don't agree with those aspects of the GOP's platform; this is a black and white issue, nothing gray about it.

If you want to hurt me in any way, you are my enemy.

No comments: