Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, August 19, 2022

Bomb...

Looks like I won't be doing anything to continue Blood Angel for a while, because it is not selling. I guess gay vampires only work in TV or under the teasing banner of Anne Rice. Since launching it at the beginning of August, I've sold a whole 7 copies @ $.99 each. Granted, it's only been available for 18 days and is only in ebook format, but that's still pretty bleak. I need to sell 200 just to break even.

I will finish writing the full series, eventually. Once I start a writing project I hate like hell to give it up, even as I bitch and moan and weep and wail about it, nonstop. And BA's nudging at me to get started, again. But I shrug it off because I want to finalize a decent draft of APoS...and I feel like I'm closing in on it.

The job in Ketchum is done, and I didn't do my best with it. I just so disliked the area and being here and I'm in an odd place, emotionally, so some errors slipped in. They're mitigated a bit because even on the packing list I had, it states a number of people have handled and counted this stuff so the numbers aren't precise. But it's still kind of weird to have a Box 18 of photo slides that isn't on the list, and that there is no Box 19, at all, anywhere. On either the list or in the shipment.  And to not notice I wrote one carton number on two different boxes until they were being picked up? That's sloppy.

I'm in Boise, now, and catching a flight tomorrow. Everything went surprisingly smoothly...though if I hadn't allowed the extra time for pickup and packing that I did, I'm sure nothing would have worked right. On a positive note, I passed a library that was having a book sale so stopped and shopped and wound up with six dvds and 4 books for $7.50. Then right next to it is a Human Rights park that made me feel nice...



In Boise. Idaho. The reddest of red states. Amazing...

No comments: