Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

In process...

Got notes back from my editor on Blood Angel...and there were some typos that were so damned obvious, it's embarrassing I didn't see them, myself. I did another skim over the story as I input her corrections, and got it ready to upload to Smashwords...so just did. It's passed the autovetter and now I'm awaiting a final review before it's totally ready to go. Link is above.

I'm a bit nervous about that because in the middle of the book, Léonidès is murdered while being raped. Prior Pious strangles him, thinking he's ending Léon's chance of becoming a Blood Angel...but it doesn't work. They may see this as snuff or something and say they won't carry it.

Then Leon feeds on two men in the course of the second half, killing them. One after raping him, like Pious did to him. He's realizing this enhances the feeding. The second man is condemned to die, anyway, for having murdered a merchant, but it's still difficult to deal with.

Anyway, I've informed them up front that this is a work of gay erotica and horror, but since Smashwords merged with D2D, I'm unsure about what their reaction will be. I did notice that under its listing is the warning taboo erotica. And since the story is being told in first person, by Léon, I'm hoping it's obvious his death isn't absolute.

On a positive note, I got a 4-Star review for How to Rape a Straight Guy on Smashwords:

A confused and angry character, a riveting read. The writing was amazing, as were the characters. I consider this an unforgettable story.

Not very detailed but positive. I'll take it.

I'm currently reading Strong About it All, about how the Troubles and issues with the authorities affected both Catholic and Protestant women in the Derry area. I've got half a dozen more to go through before I turn back to the story...but this is for a specific reason and it's time to make it happen.

No comments: