Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

On LA Time?

It seems my body clock has shifted to Pacific Time, for some reason, because it's hard for me to get to bed before 2 or 3am and suddenly I'm hungry as hell at 9pm, even after a decent dinner. Tonight I made spaghetti with some sauce from a jar on it, nothing special, but it hit the spot. There have even been occasions I want something to eat just before midnight, so scramble some eggs with cheese and a slice of toast. It's all very spontaneous, starting in the last couple months. So I am a nacho...

But this should help me some in my trip to Ketchum, ID next Tuesday. My flight out is at 5:30am and since I'm checking a bag, I'll need to be at the airport before 4:30. Meaning leave my place between 3:30 and 4am. So I'm just going to take a late nap and stay up the rest of the night...then doze some on the plane.

If all goes well, I should be in Boise by 10am and ready for lunch, and they have a Panda Express that opens at 10:30. Then it's off to Ketchum on a nearly 3 hour drive. I'll have 1 day to do the packing and pickup on the next day, then back to Boise for my flight on Friday, getting into Buffalo at 1:20 am. And that's if none of my flights are canceled or delayed. No telling, these days.

I'll have a book with me to read, for APoS. No need to deal with the adjustments, yet. I also found out that vinegar is a home remedy used to kill head lice in kids...which was endemic to much of the Bogside. But nowhere in anything I've read did anyone do that for their children. Instead, they just used a fine tooth comb to remove the nits, which would never be 100% effective. That might be interesting to have Bernadette use, since she's a fanatic about cleanliness. Maybe she even does it to her children's friends. Making them a bit more isolated because what kid wants to have to go through that if they don't have to?

I will be letting Brendan learn enough about his father in book 3 to explain where the man came from and why he was so violent...and that there was more to him than his drinking and fists. There always is, with people like that, but kids can't see the complexities; just the immediate actions.

No comments: