Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, December 3, 2022

Book One synopsis/outline is done

I have the full outline/synopsis of Book One completed, for APoS. I'll need to go back through it and do some cleaning up. Maybe simplifying. Each chapter keeps getting longer and longer. I won't post any more of it unless people want me to. I don't think it's very easy to follow the story in such a shorthand way.

Next, I'm going to do the same for Book Two, set in Houston. After that comes Book Three, which I know I need to add a fair bit to, when Brendan returns to Derry in the middle of the hunger strike. I'd like to have them all ready to show potential agents or publishers. I'm going to hit hard at that after the first of the year, once the holidays have calmed down.

I'm also shifting a couple of my books from Ingram Spark to KDP Print. I might do them in Kindle, as well, now that Amazon's stopped letting people return books they've read for a refund. Not crazy about it, but reality is these two really need a boost and access to a wider audience, and I can't get that through Smashwords and Ingram. Plus, I'm leery of Ingram after what they pulled with How to Rape a Straight Guy.

I'm feeling the need to complete my writing projects ASAP because I'm having more and more difficulty at the keyboard. It's like I'm developing a severe form of dyslexia -- missing words, hitting the wrong letter key, reversing letters in words and, lately, inputting combinations of letters that make no sense. For some reason, I'm prone to type could as caoudl, now, and I did and as wkna. That sort of thing. Makes me nervous.

I do wonder if I've always be a bit dyslexic or prone to ADHD or something. Such issues were not diagnosed when I was growing up, and I wonder if I just developed coping mechanisms that are wearing out. I asked my doctor about Alzheimer's and did the test, and I passed it okay. But that was a year ago, so...

I'm just old junker of a car and falling apart, finally.

No comments: