Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, December 4, 2022

Respite into rerouting...

While doing chores, today -- laundry, cooking, cleaning, dusting, all so damned domestic -- I also tried to figure out what to do about a couple of books I have up on Ingram that are not doing well, sales-wise. The Alice '65 sales died months ago, and Carli's Kills is going nowhere.  So I'm thinking of shifting them to Kindle and KDP to see if that will do anything for them.

I know part of the issue, if not the main part, is I don't know how to do marketing for them and cannot afford the cost of having someone do it for me. I'm still in the red on A65, and CK...it's a complete loss...so I've come to the conclusion that I should just bite the bullet and assign two of my last three ISBNs to set them up as new editions with KDP; at least Kindle doesn't require one for ebooks Make them as good as I can.

It just means I have to redo the covers by taking off the barcodes, and redo the texts by changing the ISBNs in them. I may withdraw the hardcover of A65, as well; it wasn't a very good idea. And I'll go through them and correct any typos I missed or were missed by my editor. One or two of the little bastards always manage to sneak through.

Might do the same for The Lyons' Den, as well, if this works out. Update the cover. It helps that Kindle has apparently stopped letting people return books they've read. Now the buyer can't have read more than 20% of the book, as I understand it. I better verify that.

Another something I'm considering is setting up How to Rape a Straight Guy under a new title, with KDP. Maybe call it Curt, and note on the copyright page it used to be HTRASG. Ingram still won't tell me why they stopped distributing it, but Amazon still has it listed. Meaning, 4th edition.

This is why I'm trying to set APoS up with a publisher.

No comments: