Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Print and red pen the synopsis...

I printed the synopsis out and while waiting for my car to be serviced went through it with a red pen. Found more typos, of course, and a couple points that needed a bit of clarification, but once this set of corrections is input, I'm done with that part.

Next, I'm going to update the covers and text for CK and A65 and set those up on KDP. I'm still hearing uncomfortable things about Amazon and their algorithmic quirks, but I've got to try something and this will be it. Ingram isn't exactly giving me the warm and fuzzies, right now. I asked to have CK removed from distribution last week and have yet to hear back from them.

After that, I think I'll work up a preliminary outline for APoS Book Two, in Houston, then maybe Book Three, in Derry. Both are in second draft stage so I have them fairly well plotted out.

I bought a small bottle of Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon...with a screw cap! Had a glass as I watched a ludicrous 1937 movie written but not directed by Preston Sturges. Easy Living, with Jean Arthur and Ray Milland...and it was weird. Almost awful. A secretary has an expensive fur coat land on her head while riding in an open air bus (it's in New York) and people start thinking she's the mistress of the very rich man who threw it off a balcony to punish his extravagant wife. Chaos ensues along with nonstop misunderstandings that no one would even begin to misunderstand until all ends well.

It was free on YouTube so I'm not bitchin'. And the wine was good. I should have had some cheese and crackers with it. But now I've toasted this step in my success and I'm ready to move forward. Maybe I'll check to see if Warner Oland's Charlie Chans are on there. I had a full set of them but they got sold, in San Antonio, while I was taking care of my mother...as did 75% of my DVD collection. But if you need money to live...

No comments: