Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, December 8, 2022

Changes...

Okay...first, I've input red pen correction of the long-form synopsis and only added 200 words. Doin' good. I'm not going through it, again; I could do that for the rest of my life, changing a word here and comma there. Not worth the hassle.

That was emphasized to me when I went into the Word file for Carli's Kills to change the ISBN and note it's a 2nd edition...and did a minor polish on the first chapter. I actually had to force myself to stop, save, save as a PDF and turn to updating the cover. I removed the barcode (Amazon provides their own)...and then adjusted the tag line on the back page and started to rethink the synopsis on it...and did a major kicking of self.

Meanwhile, notice finally came in that Ingram has removed CK from distribution. I had to send in a second request. So I uploaded everything for the paperback to KDP. I got an almost instantaneous proof to go over and am now awaiting confirmation that it's acceptable to them. There's some intense sex in it, so I made sure to note it's erotica as well as a suspense thriller.

I'm not deciding about shifting it to Kindle until after the first of the year. Smashwords is having a year-end sale from December 15-31 and I want to see how that goes. I've lined my books up with it, so all are at $0.99 each during that time.

If this turns out okay, I'll shift The Alice '65 over, next, in paperback. I'm still leery of Amazon and its quirks, but hell...if Ingram is going to start pulling the same shit I may as well go with the big dog.

No comments: