Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

KDP is still being puritanical

KDP is pulling the usual boneheaded thing of repeatedly sending me the same message when I ask them why Carli's Kills was refused. We don't publish anything that violates our terms and conditions. I point out my book doesn't, and they ignore that. It's like I'm not dealing with people but an algorithm that is unable to adjust to the moment.

I'm not really going to fight on this. It's too fucking exhausting to do this over a book that isn't really selling and is still available in ebook. It was different when they pulled the same damn thing over HTRASG. That was doing very well when they banned it in both print and Kindle, and the 10 week lapse before they reinstated it killed the sales. Never recovered, not fully.

This time? I haven't even hit a hundred total sales, between paperback and ebook. So I'm being more of an asshole about them pulling this shit on me, and I will keep it up for a while. And let people know. That's about all I can do.

I'm also working on quoting another job, one that entails travel, so did no more writing or condensing, today. Tomorrow, I have to call the UK, but that should be it. I'd like to get back to working on APoS, but I don't feel a major sense of urgency, right now. I've been involved with trying to help Ukraine in their war against Russia's terrorist army, what little I can do. That's also kind of exhausting.

And there's Elon Musk's destruction of Twitter in a narcissistic stunt that is also destroying Tesla. I finally had enough and now I don't deal with trolls on that platform; I block them. I even blocked Musk, himself. I can't handle anymore of his shallow, self-serving tweets. My attitude has extended to tother platforms I'm on, as well -- Instagram, Tribel, Facebook, Tumblr. I'm too old to have to put up with the bullshit of children.

Hell, that's why I never had any.

No comments: