Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Done in time...


I went through Carli's Kills and got the typos corrected...the ones that I found. To my horror, I'd actually placed a period in Dr Pepper. Unforgivable. I'm sure there are others hiding from me, even now. But it's really fucking irritating. I had this thing proofed and edited and it still happened. Anyway, it's re-uploaded onto KDP and into Smashwords in time for the sale that starts on the 15th. Whether or not I shift CK to Kindle depends on how things go during that sale.

If the sale does well, I may keep my ebooks at $0.99. Sales have been declining over the last year so maybe that will boost them. That or my books are at the end of their retail life. I'm also waiting to see how CK does with KDP before I decide on shifting The Alice '65 over to it, though just in paperback.

But that made for a couple of long days at the laptop. Tomorrow I need to get milk and some things, and shift my focus back to APoS Book Two, but may take the day off for that part. Let my head clear.

It's funny, but reading CK backwards made it seem even more like a long-form screenplay than a novel. It's nowhere near as rich in detail as APoS Book One is. That's not a criticism or self-put-down. I've been working on APoS, overall, for nearly thirty years, much as I hate to admit that. So small wonder it's got details out the ass. I'm writing the biography of a fictional person who's become so very real to me, I want to make sure I do him right.

CK is more a fun erotic-horror-thriller-romance kind of genre mashup that skates along. There's some character depth, but not in a novelistic way. Only as much as it takes to keep the story going. I guess I should throw in it's kind of pulp-fiction-y, too. Like Elmore Leonard or John D MacDonald. Quick cheesy sleazy fun.

No comments: