Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, March 4, 2023

Blogger went wonky...

For some reason, Blogger shut me out of my blog and I couldn't get back in until now. I don't know why, but I had to finally change my password in three different ways to get it to work. Which is irritating. I now need to update my password hints on my reminder page.

It's also messed up my links on Chrome. All I did was make sure my mike is working for a video call to my doctor, tomorrow, but apparently that was too much. God, sometimes I hate technology.

What's especially irritating is that this comes just as I'm working on updating a serious part of APoS. Because he's dating Vangie, a woman who's half black/half Cajun he's jumped by some racists, a pillow case is rammed over his head and he is taken to Deer Park, bound to a tree and viciously beaten. Initially, I had him left there to make his own way home. He's seriously injured and doesn't know where he is, so he calls his uncle to come get him, and events lead him to believe the man knew what was going to happen.

Then it hit me -- Brendan has a heart condition. If he's being attacked like this, he would have issues...which changed everything. I tossed out 6 pages and he wound up having an episode of some type. He floats in and out of consciousness, so he only hears snippets of what's happening...but knows the men who attacked him are shaken and arguing over what to do. Can't take him to the ER; too many questions. 

So he's given a nitroglycerin tablet and taken home in the back of a huge station wagon, where he is carried into the pool house and tended to by Aunt Mari. Because of things said and not said, he comes to believe Uncle Sean was actually at the beating and probably the one who stopped it when he collapsed. He's also pretty sure Vangie's cop brother, Lon, was there, too.

This is what I worked on, once I got some of my internet crap settled and corrected. There's still more to do and I need to pass through it, again, to make sure it holds together, but at least it's workable.

Still dealing with a light version of Corona virus. Barely a line showing on the test, but visible and my sinuses are agreeing with it. Dammit. Taking another one, tomorrow.

No comments: