Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Fucking chaos...

I'm just now beginning to calm down after a day of craziness regarding preparing for upcoming jobs; canceling plans for jobs that got rescheduled; running to the bank to get a letter for my younger brother notarized, now that I'm Covid free; doing mounds of laundry; seeing my car's right front bumper is damaged and I don't know when or how that happened; getting a few more groceries; finding out it now costs $16 for a BLT, small fries and small drink at 5 Guys (but I'm starving so I pay it); working out the amount of packing materials needed for a big job in Chicago that has become ridiculous; getting home with everything to find not one cart available to take my stuff up to my apartment (other residents take them and leave them in the hallways to be collected, tomorrow) so had to go looking for one; then all out of sorts because I'm tired and still have a nagging cough from Covid and couldn't rest till everything was put away and I'm getting a headache...

Lemme tell ya -- if there was an Olympic event for whining, I'd have got a gold medal, today.

Now it's after 11pm and I'm scattered of brain, so no writing done. And while everything I need to schedule is scheduled, I haven't put any of it into my calendar, yet. That's for tomorrow. As is finishing up the materials planning for a big job as well as ordering containers for a job in Berkeley, next week. And washing out a nasty new medication I'd been put on by my urologist. It messed with my insides to where I didn't want to leave the bathroom, almost. But it's faded out. Why the fuck do they make meds that will give you cramps and diarrhea? 

Anyway, I did manage to at least do some thinking about APoS and realized I don't have Brendan doing what he usually does when he's upset and lost and confused -- work on fixing something. Metaphorically speaking, him shifting into punk mode is him taking himself apart and then slowly putting himself back together to work better...which fits in neatly with him learning his mother has cancer. By this point, he is capable of handling their prickly relationship.

And even if people don't see it, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

No comments: