Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, March 27, 2023

Post job blues return...

Had a lot to do, today -- a phone call about shipping artwork from the UK to the US; pick up my taxes (I owe $1500!!!); stock up on groceries; send a FedEx to my brother in San Antonio because the PO refuses to deliver my mail to his PO Box...and all in the non-stop rain. Also a fair amount of How can I not help you mixed in with it. By the time I got done, it was nearly 6pm so I turned on some Amethystium and made dinner and chatted online with Dan Skinner, a cover artist I know...and feel a bit better.

Dan worked up this image that would be perfect for the 1871 section of Blood Angel, where Léonidès finds another Blood Angel and turns him into a vampire to be his companion...then realizes he probably should not have. But what's done cannot be undone, so he suggests a swap with the less than satisfactory BA associate of his BA sister, Gabrielle, only she reneges on the deal and things get nasty.

I have a lot of it written, already, but put it aside for APoS and will not return until I have Brendan's story set as tight as I can. Besides, it's not as if the first book of Blood Angel is selling like crazy. I haven't even hit 100 copies bought, yet.

But I am inspired by that image. I paid him for its use. I just don't know if it'll represent Franz, Leonides' mistake, or Dmitryi, who is Gabrielle's error. Time will tell.

As for Amesthystium, that soothing music reminds me of Dair's Window. I used it to set the mood for a couple of important moments in the initial screenplay, and want to return to the novel of it, as well. It's a MM romance and story of rebuilding after tragedy. I thought I'd have it done years ago and intended to take it to a conference in the UK to introduce it to the world, but Covid hit and life got derailed.

Typical, for me.

No comments: