Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, March 26, 2023

Regrouping day...

Much as I hated to do it, I got up early and took the car back to Avis before nine. On a Sunday! Then I tried to have pancakes at McDonald's but the one I went to was closed for some reason so came home and made myself french toast. Grumbling.

I like McDonald's pancakes and sausage and had myself all geared up for that, but the other outlet close to me makes me wary of its cleanliness and I didn't feel like driving miles in another direction to find one. I should've just gone; it would have set the day up much better. Maybe tomorrow...

Did 4 loads of laundry, thanks to working around a very dirty, wildly shedding German Shepherd, last week. Nice old pup named Hawk who's just had his tenth birthday and really does need a bath. He liked how I scratched his ears, though. And I liked how I was able to get some Claritin to handle the allergies.

Tomorrow is catching up on paperwork and calling a client about a potential job in the UK (I really, really, really want to go but don't think it'll happen...dammit). Groceries are needed, and I have to pick up my taxes and send off a FedEx package to my brother in San Antonio since his PO Box keeps refusing to deliver my letter to him. I've had it returned to me, twice, and it's a legal document he needs.

Then Tuesday it's onto APoS-Return, AKA: Book Three. I thought I'd work out a synopsis, first, but Brendan and I don't connect over that as easily, so I'm doing another draft and then doing the outline. Work in everything I've planned for it. Makes more sense, really...I keep telling myself.

Be prepared for more grumbling...

No comments: