Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, July 17, 2023

Bad Kyle...

Did some rearranging in my apartment then hopped out to hit the bank and Goodwill and then groceries, and a couple of DVDs from a second hand shop. Found a table at Goodwill to put some plants onto, then had a bit of low blood sugar so had to take a break at Tops to have a candy bar. After that, came home and fed myself and dealt with the blahs that usually follow...until almost 10pm.

Suddenly I started jonesing for a Big Mac, like a pregnant woman with a craving. There's a 24 Hour drive-thru one about a mile from me so I hopped in my car and actually sat in line for half an hour, playing solitaire on my phone, then got my Big Mac meal (medium, with a really bad DP), scooted home, and I've just finished scarfing it down. You'd have thought I'd had a couple joints or edibles or something. I'll be up peeing half the night, but I don't care.

Didn't get anything done on BA except digging up the list of characters I'd done for the first part. I'd forgotten a couple of the vampire's names. Reminded myself of them and what their role is in this. I also worked out that I'll probably need to do a section between book one and this one, so I'd better be calling it book three. Then I'll get to book two when I get to it.

Got a bit of positive feedback already on APoS. Just a quick email from one reader telling me they loved how I was telling the story. Not sure what the full meaning of that is, since my paranoid side is making it into a sort of Love your style but hate the story, kind of thing.

Oh, I did spend some of the day pushing back at people on Twitter, Instagram and even Facebook who are trying to get Ukraine to give up the fight against Russia's terrorism. Seems they really went into high gear now the Kerch Bridge had been hit, again. And dealing with RFK Jr. tossing in his anti-Ukraine-pro-Russia pennies into the mix. That anyone thinks that man is worthy of any attention...hell, anything...is beyond me.

No comments: