Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, July 23, 2023

Rough day but Missing #6 done

I worked out frame #6 of Missing and posted it on BDSMLR. It's on the busy side but it's damn close to what I wanted. I thought I had frame #7 & 8 sketched out, but they don't work, anymore, so that's ahead of me. I still don't know where this is going -- slaving like in Hunter, rape and kick out like in Bobby Carapisi, serial murder like in Underground Guy, providing DNA for an advanced civilization like in The Beast in the Nothing Room. It can go any direction and I won't know where until I get there.

The nice thing about doing the sketch is it took me out of my depressed frame of mind. I'm torn up over the slaughter and destruction in Ukraine, at the hands of Russian beasts, and horrified at how the West will do nothing to stop it.

Odesa was bombed. People killed and injured in their homes. A cathedral considered a World Heritage Site seriously damaged. All deliberate. Hyper-sonic missiles fired by ships and submarines in the Black Sea, well out of range for anything Ukraine has to fire back. We're standing aside and letting Russia destroy another country while doing jack shit in response.

We once swore, "Never again." Obviously, we did not mean it, since this is not the first country Russia has brutalized without response.

I also felt bad, today. Not sure why. Probably just has to do with getting old and being broke...facing bankruptcy. If I'm allowed to file. My laptop acting up. My desktop acting up. Having to find ways to work around their new limitations. Having trouble focusing on writing anything. Taking 2 hours to talk myself into doing that sketch for Missing. I guess I've finally burnt out.

I'll post this section of Blood Angel within the next couple weeks. Then I'm spending August watching DVDs and reading. See the Hitchcock movies I haven't seen, like Under Capricorn. Some film noirs, like Detour. The whole 12 years of Big Bang Theory and all of the reboot of Battlestar Galactica. See if that will recharge my batteries.

No comments: