Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, July 31, 2023

Nice day...

Caladex bought me lunch for my birthday. Beef Teriyaki from a Japanese restaurant. It was damn good. I like Healthy Choice's, too, but theirs was much better. Then I bought groceries for my trip, tomorrow. Driving down to Hartford to pack some archives going to Scotland, then driving back. No more posting till I've returned, Friday.

I did some repotting of plants and hopefully did not kill them. I've never really done that, before, but I have a green pepper vine that's putting out little ones and was in a small pot. And my wandering jew is going nuts so that got redone. They all have plenty of water so we'll see how it goes while I'm gone.

I ate a whole cantaloup for dessert, this evening. Not a great one but tasty enough. Talked to my sister in Aransas Pass and brother in San Antonio and got lots of well-wishes on Facebook and Twitter. Had a lovely time correcting the flight for a trip to Seattle in October. The people at Caladex bought it because it's for the Seattle Book Fair, but they input my name wrong. I've got 2 Ls in Sullivan, not 1. That was real fun.

I'm thinking once I'm done at the warehouse on Wednesday, I'll try to visit the Mark Twain House in Hartford. Thing is, it's by guided tour only and I don't know when I'll be able to make it so can't pre-purchase a ticket. Guess I'll just show up and hope for the best. At least they should let me into the gift shop, right?

I've read The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, but that's it. I keep meaning to do A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court but never get around to it. If they have a copy, maybe I'll buy it.

No comments: